When you have this visa, you can work and live permanently all anywhere in Australia.
You can also include the eligible family members in your visa application. It is treated as permanent visa that allows the VISA holders stay back in Australia with full work rights.
Australia Skilled Independent Visa replaced both Offshore Skilled Independent Subclass 175 and Onshore Subclass 885 visas. In order to submit a valid application for the visa, you need to first submit the Expression of Interest through Skill Select which can be done in or outside Australia.
Rules to Follow for Applying Australia Skilled Independent Visa:
- Submit an Expression of Interest.
- Choose the occupation that is relevant to skilled occupation list.
- Have suitable assessment for that related occupation.
- Age between 18 and 50 years are suitable for the invitation.
- Meet the English language requirements.
- Score at least 60 points in the test.
When the person is invited for the visa, then he/she have to submit the online application form within 60 days after receiving the invitation. The invitation letter will explain the process to follow. The application should reflect the information on your expression of Interest and support it with relevant evidence.
Family Members Included in Australia Skilled Independent Visa:
- Your partner
- Your / your partner’s dependent child
- Your / your partner’s dependent relative
Entitlements for Australia Skilled independent Visa:
The visa allows:
- Live and work permanently in Australia
- Studies in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare, an Australian scheme for health
- Supports social security payments
- Apply for Australian citizenship
- Permanent residence for family members.
Those who apply for this visa have to follow special Australia Skilled Independent Visa Process and ensure that you get the visa by following the procedure correctly.