Canada is widely known as a most popular destination for immigration. Ample job opportunities await immigrants in Canada. Besides being an affluent and robust nation, the country is also well known for its economic diversity, plenty natural resources and political stability. The country offers exciting and plethora of employment opportunities for skilled immigrants who would like to experience dynamic and standard quality of life. The government has introduced various Canada Immigration programs to lure overseas students. Of those, one of the major programs to migrate to Canada is Canada Federal Skilled Worker program.
Canada Federal Skilled Worker program
Effective 1 January 2015, all the applications under Canada FSWP are managed under Express Entry system. The visa offered under this program is a permanent resident visa and enables individuals to reside and work in Canada permanently. Individuals can also enjoy various economic and social benefits under the FSW program.
Requirements for Canada Federal Skilled Worker visa
Overseas individuals need to abide by the following requirements in order to obtain Canada Federal Skilled Worker visa:
- Applicants must hold at least one year of full time or part time paid work experience in any of the NOC skill type (0, A or B) in within past 10 years.
- Applicant must meet the language requirement either English or French language
- Applicant must hold Canadian secondary or post secondary degree, diploma or credential or an ECA approved by CIC to demonstrate that individuals overseas degree is equivalent to Canadian education standards
- Proof of sufficient funds
Besides meeting the above requirements, individuals should also score at least 67 points in the points based system. Points will be awarded based on the factors such as
- Proficiency in English or French languages
- Work experience
- Arranged job offer and
Immigration to Canada through FSW program is an amazing opportunity, so grab it and migrate to Canada.