Australia is an amazingly vibrant and beautiful destination. The crystal-clear beaches, sandy shorelines and iconic architecture make an impressive impact on people from all over the globe. There are various other features which make Australia a much sought-after destination by immigrants. If you wish to immigrate to Australia for the purpose of work and if you are a skilled worker as well, you can do so by applying for Australia General Skilled Migration.
Overseas skilled workers can come to Australia to settle and work here under any of the following programs for Australia Skilled Migration:-
- Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (Subclass 190)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 489)
Out of these three visas, only the first three offer Australia Permanent Residency. Given below is a detailed description of the subclass 189 and 190 visas.
Australia Skilled Independent visa– This visa does not require sponsorship from a Canadian employer or family member nor a nomination by an Australian state or territory government.
Australia Skilled Nominated visa– This visa is intended for those overseas skilled workers who have received nominations from the state or territory government of the country.
Common requirements for the above visas:-
- Age should be less than 50 years
- Competency in the English language is a must
- Should obtain a minimum of 60 points in the point-based test
- Must have nominated an occupation that is present in the relevant skilled occupation list with proper skills assessment for the same
Permanent resident of Australia
If you apply for Australia Permanent residency (PR) through either of the two subclasses, you can enjoy various benefits as stated below:-
- Live in Australia indefinitely
- Study and work in Australia
- Be eligible for Australia’s health-related scheme, Medicare
- Apply for citizenship (as applicable)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for PR
- Travel in and out of Australia