The United Kingdom is a stately nation which offers a lot of attractions to immigrants. This Victorian land is filled with immense opportunities for individuals wanting to come here. Some of these include study and work opportunities. If you apply for a visa to immigrate to the UK, you can include your dependent family members as well.
Information about UK Dependent visa
The UK Dependent Visa allows dependents of an individual who is a permanent resident or a UK citizen to join them in the country. If your family members belong to a country outside the EEA or Switzerland, they must have a dependent visa to UK. Following members are considered as dependents:-
- Spouse or partner
- Child below 18 years
- Child over 18 years if they’re residing in the UK as a dependent presently
After the visa is granted, the dependent can live in the country without any impositions. He or she can also work without any restrictions.
Requirements for UK Dependent Visa
Following are the prerequisites for obtaining a UK Dependent Visa:-
- You must be the spouse, unmarried or civil partner of the primary applicant or sponsor
- The sponsor must be financially sufficient to support you
- Must be proficient in the English language
- Must meet the health requirements like tuberculosis test result
If you are granted this visa, you can stay in the country for up to two and half years. You can apply for an extension after that as well. This visa allows you to work and study in the United Kingdom.