Canada is a flourishing country with a thriving economy which attracts several individuals from abroad to migrate here. Each year, thousands of immigrants come to Canada to reap the benefits out of living here.
Migrate to Canada to enjoy the benefits that this country offers to all its immigrants. If you are a skilled worker, who is looking forward to Canada Immigration, here’s some good news for you.
Immigration to Canada is now facilitated through the Canada Express Entry which was recently launched by the Citizenship and Immigration to Canada or the CIC. According to this, the scheme which began from 1 January, 2015 onwards, has opened doors for Canada Skilled Immigration.
Features of Canada Express Entry
Following are the key features of Canada Express Entry as listed below:-
- For eligible candidates to apply for immigration to Canada, they can only do so after an invitation to apply by the CIC has been sent to them
- The candidates will be selected based on their eligibility criteria from the Express Entry Pool
- Regular draws will be made and the candidates who appear higher in ranking will be selected
- The Express Entry System is a non-biased method of Canada Skilled Immigration
- Under this process, almost all the occupations are included
- It is a point-based scheme for assessing a candidate’s profile. It is called Comprehensive Ranking System
Requirements for Canada Express Entry
The Canada Express Entry makes use of a system based on points. This is called Comprehensive Ranking System and it is used to assess and rank an eligible candidate in the pool of Express Entry.
It is based on certain criteria as mentioned below:-
- Educational qualifications
- Relevant work experience
- Professional skills
- Language fluency, and
- Additional factors
Overall, you need to score a maximum of 1,200 points under the various headings.
Canada Provincial Nomination Program
Canada PNP allows immigrants to be nominated by a Canadian province, who are interested in settling down in a particular province. Each Canadian province has its own distinct provincial nomination program. The only exception to the above rule is Quebec province, which has its own set of rules for selection of eligible candidates.