Have plans to migrate and work in South Africa? But don’t have a valid job offer from employer in South Africa? Well, no need to worry! You can apply for South Africa critical skills visa. The much-talked about but not much known Critical Skill Visa is a permit granted for overseas national to seek a job and work in South Africa.
South Africa is a developed country with the various manufacturing sectors. The country is in need of skilled immigrants for various occupations. Any overseas individual with experience in such fields can choose South Africa Critical Skills Visa to migrate.
What is Critical Skills Visa to South Africa?
The South Africa government has launched a proposal called as ASGI-SA (Accelerated & Shared Growth Initiative for South Africa) to make sure the persistence of South Africa’s vibrant economic growth. One of the major factors of this proposal is to hire skilled immigrants in certain key fields.
In South Africa certain occupational areas are identified as scarce and critical; in order to fill those skills some special skills are required. Every year, the South African government lists out such scarce skills as critical skills. And, foreign nationals with such skills can apply for South Africa critical skills visa. The most recent list include approximately 35,000 such positions across 53 different categories. These job vacancies are available to be filled by officially skilled foreigners who hold at least five years of practical experience. This visa is valid for a period up to five years. However, individuals need to attain the job within the period of three months after their arrival in the country.
The following are the requirements for critical skills visa:
- Applicants need to have some formal qualifications assessed by the South African Qualifications Authority.
- Applicant’s qualification credentials must be in English
- Must have to acquire registration with the related South African professional/trade organization, board or council
- Applicant’s specific profession must fall under the category of critical skills
- No prior job offer is required
- Paves way for South African PR
- Can reside and work in South Africa for 5 years